Wednesday, July 4, 2007

article About My System - (all-vga-corner)

I am having an old IBM note book 2681-21A. After the sales to Lenovo, I am worried that Lenovo no longer interested to support old IBM models. But my worry is unfounded as Lenovo must uphold its image.

This is my system specifications:

CPU: Mobile Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 1.60 GHz
Memory: 377.1 MB
HDD: 15.9GB (yes, i have a limited space issue)
Partition: Windows - 9.2GB, SuSE - 6.2GB, Swap - 0.5GB and a small hidden partition for IBM recovery.

I have an initial concern of partitioning but later I have decided to retain the Windows XP partition. But I regret not having a bigger partition for Linux as I seldom use Windows now.

My CPU always run at 100% and response is slow despite a good network connection. My USB ports are damaged physically and only when using active power USB port, it will be activated again. I have yet to find a solution to solve this problem. Anyone has any solution?

My LAN card is not working at this stupid IBM is using a LAN port which cannot support conventional PCMCIA card. This is unexpected as I did not anticipate that when I buy it. So I cannot utiltise the wireless network connection.

One special beauty about Linux is old notebook or system with low resources can run. Let's see how long can I use this notebook before I get a new one... if the budget allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment